There are thousands of various types of pet carriers intended for people that desire to transport their small pets around with them, but dog sling carriers are generally not a widely-known option. Most of the most popular carriers are the elegant bag-style and tote carriers that are commonly seen in retailers and on the web. I have owned lots of these types of carriers before and have found that they have some limitations that very often leave people looking for a more suitable substitute. Following are several of the drawbacks I have found with typical small pet carriers:
· Weight and bulk - most of the pet carriers on the market are cumbersome, heavy, and typically uncomfortable to carry about. When you combine the extra weight of your pet, they often become difficult and very unpleasant to carry for long periods of time.
· Shortage of features - it is not always the fact, of course, but generally totes and purse carriers are available in fairly basic, limited color and material selections.
· Comfort and safety - the majority of the purse and tote pet carriers are meant to be utilized for one-shoulder holding. This has a few negatives, predominantly having to hold one hand on the carrier to ensure that is stays secure while walking or otherwise moving about. Also, even with really small pets, the load on your shoulder can be very unpleasant if the straps of your carrier aren’t fairly wide or cushioned.
· Minimal contact - even though this isn’t a concern for everyone, with numerous purse-style carriers and totes, your pet is enclosed in the carrier and is unable to have contact with you unless you open the carrier. This is not much different than toting your pet about in a plastic pet crate. The majority of people want a carrier that will keep their pet near and protected, but available at the same time.
Why dog slings make amazing pet carriers
For those who have previously used a baby sling to carry a baby, you likely already know a lot of the reasons why sling-style carriers are a wonderful alternative to standard carriers for pets. The same advantages that slings offer for apply to dogs and their owners. Listed below are many of the benefits that go along with dog sling carriers:
· Hands-free carrying - when your pet is riding safely and securely in your dog sling, you are able to go about your tasks without stressing about trying to keep one hand on the carrier. Your pet is going to be near you and safe within the sling, offering you peace of mind in addition to freedom to complete more while holding your pet.
· Very little bulk - dog slings are normally really lightweight - not a whole lot more substantial than a scarf or light jacket you might use any day. They don’t have a solid bottom, allowing them to very easily be worn beneath a jacket in cold weather conditions or be folded away and stored in a handbag when not used. Even slings produced with thick fabrics tend to be less bulky than most regular carriers.
· Classy design possibilities - with the huge variety of fabrics and designs offered, you’re certain to find a sling which fits your style and your needs. Since most slings are made with cotton cloth, the design possibilities are truly countless.
· Easy sizing solutions - the pouch where your pet sits is one size and fits pets anywhere up to ten pounds. The strap for the carrier can be adjusted, so one sling can be worn by people of varied sizes. The adjustable strap also allows you to position your pet higher or lower on your body when needed, based on the circumstance.
· Comfort - for me, this is certainly among the most essential aspects. As with baby slings, pet slings disperse the weight you’re carrying equally across your body, making it a lot simpler to carry your pet for lengthier periods of time when compared with one-shoulder carriers. The sling can easily be changed from one shoulder to the other if you’ll be using it for prolonged amounts of time and need to alternate.
While there are a lot of excellent options available for small pet carriers, slings are one of the designs that numerous people are not aware of since they are not commonly available in big retailers. People who utilize them certainly concur that dog sling carriers have numerous pros and love the functionality and usefulness that they have to offer.